ZURICH / BERLIN, April 8 (Reuters) – The Swiss SMI blue-chip was seen opening 1.3% down to 9,388 points on Wednesday, according to indications from Bank Julius Baer.
Here are some of the main factors that could affect Swiss stocks on Wednesday:
US regulators have delayed a decision on risdiplam, Roche’s spinal muscular atrophy drug, the Swiss drug maker said on Tuesday after the company submitted more data on the drug in February genetic disease of muscle wasting.
Companies like Switzerland Clariant and Germany CropEnergies AG have joined forces to boost the production of disinfectants, as part of a state-funded crisis program in Bavaria to increase supply amid the coronavirus pandemic .
Swiss perfume and flavor maker posted a 5.4% increase in comparable sales in the first quarter, as demand for soap, shampoo or snacks remained strong, while its fine perfume business suffered the coronavirus pandemic.
DECLARATIONS OF THE COMPANY
* Lalique Group SA has declared that it has postponed the publication of the audited final financial statements to April 16 from April 8.
* Daetwyler Holding AG said that in its mobility unit, it was adjusting capacity, cost structures and investments in response to declining demand and the closure of factories for several customers due to a pandemic.
* Swiss Life said it was deferring and reducing the rent for some very small businesses and the self-employed affected by the coronavirus crisis, on an individual basis. The insurance company has one of the largest real estate portfolios in Switzerland.
* Addex Therapeutics said its full-year loss has widened.
* Poenina said the coronavirus has created uncertainty, making prospects for 2020 impossible
* Gurit Holding plans to split its activities.
* Santhera has declared that it has concluded financing linked to actions for an amount of up to 24 million francs
* Komax Holding has waived the payment of its dividend
* Bossard Holding said it was planning a difficult second quarter and that a rapid resumption of the coronavirus epidemic is “currently not predictable”.
ANALYSTS POINTS OF VIEW
* LAFARGEHOLCIM LTD: JP MORGAN CUT THE TARGET PRICE TO CHF 43 FROM CHF 63
* NESTLE SA: HSBC CUT THE TARGET PRICE TO CHF 102 FROM CHF 108
SWISSCOM – CHF 22 / dividend shr
No major economic data expected. (Report by the editorial staff of Zurich and the Berlin Speed Desk)