The price of bitcoin and a myriad of digital currencies saw big gains on Christmas Day. Bitcoin hit another record high of $ 24,662 per coin, as many other crypto assets rebounded from the previous day’s drop.
- On December 25, 2020, bitcoin (BTC) hit an all-time high (ATH) at $ 24,662 per coin after dropping to $ 22,879 on December 23. BTC is up over 3.7% today, over 28% in the last 30 days. and 124% in the past 90 days. At the time of publication, BTC was trading between $ 24,150 and $ 24,350 per coin.
- On Friday, the aggregate market capitalization of over 7,500 existing digital currencies is $ 637 billion. Bitcoin’s Dominance Index (BTC) today on the overall market valuation is 68%.
- Ethereum is still down over 4% over the past seven days and is currently trading for $ 618 per Ether. However, ETH has risen 8% in the past 30 days, and 90-day statistics show the ether to be 73%. Ethereum had a market cap of $ 69 billion at the time of publication. XRP has been up from the big drop the other day after losing almost 40% in value.
- XRP is trading $ 0.31 per unit and has risen 19% in the past 24 hours. However, XRP has fallen over 42% in the past seven days, 59% for the 30-day period, but the token is still up 37% over the 90-day period.
- When the United States Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) announced that it was suing the Ripple company and the two main executives, the crypto-asset XRP significantly lost value. Platforms like OSL, Crosstower, Beaxy, Bitwise, Galaxy Digital, and Jump Trading have ditched the token.
- On Christmas Day, the Bitstamp exchange announced the delisting of XRP in the United States on January 8, 2021. “Other countries are not affected,” Bitstamp detailed.
- Litecoin (LTC) is up 13% today and each token is trading at $ 120 per LTC. Litecoin has gained 10% in the past seven days, up 48% over 30 days and 162% in gains over the past 90 days.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is trading $ 309 per coin and the crypto asset is up over 8% today. BCH has gained 39% over the past 90 days, but is down 23% over the 30-day period and down just over 1% over the week.
- Today’s top winners on Christmas Day include coins such as stakenet (XSN), refereum (RFR), and XRP. The biggest losers on December 25, 2020 are the golem (GNT), the trueflip (TFL) and the crypterium (CRPT).
What do you think of the current action in the crypto market? Let us know what you think of this topic in the comments section below.
Image credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons
Warning: This article is for informational purposes only. This is not a direct offer or the solicitation of an offer to buy or sell, nor a recommendation or endorsement of any product, service or business. Bitcoin.com does not provide investment, tax, legal, or accounting advice. Neither the company nor the author is responsible, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or allegedly caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services mentioned in this article.