This story was originally published and last update .
Google’s image processing algorithms have been praised around the world, and this is why modified Google Camera apps are so sought after by smartphone camera enthusiasts. Google Camera version 8.0 introduced with the Pixel 5 and Pixel 4a 5G added a lot of useful features – such as storage-saving mode – which were eventually rolled out to older pixels with v8.1. . Now the developers have released a modified version of Google Camera 8.1 that also works on non-Pixel devices.
PX Mod v8.1 comes from developer Urnyx05, who based it on Google Camera 8.1.008. This means that you should be able to try new features like cinematic panning and audio zooming on your non-Pixel device.
Here is the full changelog:
• Added all the necessary fixes for the first start
• Added color transformation to correct saturation on devices with dull colors
• Added option to disable focus tracking
• Added option to turn off animated photos
• Added OPModes to correct the EIS
• Added buttons in the drop-down menu to enable / disable AWB
• Saber disabled on unsupported sensors
• Added option to choose between Pixel 2, Pixel 3, IMX586 and IMX686 AWB
• Improved colors on Mi Note 10
• Added option to disable synthetic fill flash
• Added option to disable automatic night view on portraits and photos
You can download the latest PX Mod APK from the handy Gcam Hub. While it should work on most devices, the developer mentions that it may not work on some Samsung, OnePlus, and Snapdragon-845 smartphones.
Arnova8G2 has now released a new update for the modified Google Camera app. It is now based on Google Camera 8.1.101 and includes built-in support for the most popular phones. The full changelog is below.
- Added additional devices: OnePlus7t, OnePlus 7Pro 5G, Mi 10T pro, Oppo Reno 10x, Mi9T / RedmiK20, Realme 7 Pro, S10 plus, S20 FE, S8, A71, S9 +
- Fixed several bugs
You can download the latest version from APKMirror.