ZUG, Switzerland, May 4, 2021 / PRNewswire / – Bitcoin Association, SwitzerlandA global industry organization working to drive business with the Bitcoin SV blockchain and BSV digital currency today released its second annual report highlighting its work and accomplishments for 2020.
The report, which is now available for download on the Bitcoin Association website, is the first to be released after the Bitcoin Association moved to a non-profit association (Verein) in Switzerland… It is divided into 13 sections and covers the multifaceted global work program undertaken by the Bitcoin Association in 2020, including:
– Development of the Bitcoin SV network
– Developer Initiatives
– Technical standards
– Public policy
– media and content
– Forecast for 2021
Highlights from the report include:
- Significant technological advances made by the Bitcoin SV network, including new world block size records and demonstrated transaction capacity.
- Bitcoin Association’s program of innovative digital events in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including the first Bitcoin SV DevCon and Conference 3rd Bitcoin SV Hackathon.
- Launch of the Bitcoin SV Technical Standards Committee to improve interoperability and standardization of the Bitcoin SV ecosystem.
- Launch of Bitcoin SV Academy – a dedicated online learning platform offering academic-grade, university-style Bitcoin educational resources – in addition to the launch of the world’s first Bitcoin-focused Massive Open Online Course (MOOC), in partnership with Saxion University of Applied Sciences in Netherlands…
- Significant progress in public policy, including advisory work during the drafting phase of the landmark 2020 Digital Assets Bill. Antigua & Barbuda, which has introduced a comprehensive legal and regulatory framework for the management of businesses within its jurisdiction operating in the digital asset space.
Speaking of today’s release, the founding president of the Bitcoin Association Jimmy Nguyen, said:
“Today’s release of our 2020 Annual Report illustrates the great strides that the Bitcoin Association and Bitcoin SV have made in a very challenging year for all. In particular, the work done by the Association and the progress made in education, developer, government policy and media space are very encouraging, as is the overall maturation of business in the Bitcoin SV ecosystem. As you can see from the entire report, 2020 was an extremely important year for both the Bitcoin Association and Bitcoin SV – one of them mainly focused on laying the important foundations necessary for further progress and the next phase of growth of BSV utilities in 2021. “
About Bitcoin Association
The Bitcoin Association is a global industry organization based in Switzerland that works to promote businesses on the Bitcoin SV blockchain. It brings together important components of the Bitcoin SV ecosystem – businesses, startups, developers, merchants, exchanges, service providers, blockchain transaction processors (miners) and others – working with them and as a spokesperson to drive continued use of the Bitcoin SV blockchain and introduction of BSV digital currency.
The association is working to create a regulatory-friendly ecosystem that promotes lawful behavior and fosters innovation using all aspects of Bitcoin technology. Bitcoin is not only a digital currency and blockchain, but also a network protocol; like the Internet Protocol, it is the basic set of rules for the entire data network. The association supports the use of the original Bitcoin protocol to manage a single world blockchain on Bitcoin SV.
SOURCE Bitcoin Association