DUBLIN, June 11, 2021 / PRNewswire / – “Used Electronic Commerce in Europe 2021 “report added ResearchAndMarkets.com’s sentence.
“Used e-commerce in Europe 2021 ”provides a comprehensive overview of the current state and trends in second hand trade in the main markets of the European region, as well as provides an insight into the leading local players and their activities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The COVID-19 pandemic, coupled with consumer interest in sustainable development, has increased the demand for used goods in Europe
The COVID-19 pandemic and a general interest in the practice of a closed economy have been key drivers of growth in used goods sales in 2020, and this is expected to be the same in 2021. Moreover, in EuropeRecently, the newly introduced French regulations aiming to significantly reduce industrial waste are likely to spread to other countries and positively affect the entire used industry, as detailed in this publication.
At the country level in Europe Consumer profiles for used goods vary, but there is a general trend
In the developed markets of the European region, the proportion of consumers with experience buying used clothing during the pandemic ranged from 20% to 75%.
In addition to used clothing, European consumers are also increasingly buying used furniture and books, and in some countries these were the most popular product categories according to the report.
Besides, in Europe, the greatest growth in demand on average will fall on the younger generation in Europe and from online channels. At the same time, the rating of the e-commerce market players at the country level differs. Europe…
However, when combined, the best local companies include: Lithuanian VINT, British Depop, Rebelle from Germanyas well as the French band Vestiaire. Each of them had a client base of over 10 million in accessible markets.
- This report covers the global B2C and C2C used e-commerce and offline market in Europe… Also included is some data on B2B Secondhand Commerce. The report covers the current status and trends in the sale of used goods in different countries, and also provides an overview of consumer preferences and demand factors.
- The following countries were included: Germany, Great Britain, France, Switzerland, Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Turkey, as well as Russia…
- The following profiles of European second-hand e-commerce companies were included: Vinted, Depop, Rebelle and Vestiaire Collective. The companies were ranked according to their estimated customer base.
- The report contains up-to-date information on regulations, international and regional comparisons, market trends, adoption rate of used e-commerce, consumer and player preferences. Not all types of information were included for every country due to the varying availability of data.
Structure of the report
- The report begins with a global overview of the current state and trends of the second hand market, including the recent activities of some of the major players, as well as statistics applied globally. The regional chapter follows the global overview and includes information on country activities, consumer attitudes towards used sales and other data. The market survey concludes with profiles of four European second-hand e-commerce companies and key findings.
- Intend to buy more used fashion items after the COVID-19 crisis, by age group, as a% of consumers, April 2020
- Online secondary market overview, April 2021
- Secondary consumer penetration rate, in% of respondents, June 2019 & August 2020
- Used goods purchase channels,% of respondents, August 2020
- The main reasons for buying second-hand goods on the Internet, in% of respondents, August 2020
- Online platforms used to buy or sell used goods, in% of respondents, September 2020
- Categories of second-hand goods, purchased, in% of respondents, September 2020
- Categories of used goods sold in the last 12 months, in% of respondents, September 2020
- The share of Britons who prefer to buy used clothes, as a% of those who buy only sustainable fashion, and in% for the general population, August 2020
- Distribution of buyers of used goods by age groups, in%, August 2020
- Review of new rules for waste management, May 2021
- Second-hand purchase channels,% of second-hand buyers, February 2021
- Total annual budget for textiles and annual budget for used clothing in Euros, 2019 and 2020e
- Share of buyers who bought used clothing in 2020 and share of buyers who sold used clothing in 2020, in%, February 2021
- The penetration rate of buyers of used goods on the Internet, in% of respondents, December 2020
- Percentage of respondents who say second-hand purchases are just a matter of budget, by area of residence, in%, December 2020
- Used clothing purchases Consumer penetration rate, in% of respondents, and average share of used clothing purchased, in% of total, September 2020
- Second-hand purchase channels,% of random buyers of second-hand goods, September 2020
- The share of Internet users who bought and sold second-hand goods in the 12 months before the survey, in%, April 2019 & March 2020 & February 2021
- The best channels for buying and selling used goods, as% of Internet users, February 2021
- Change in consumption of used and new clothes compared to 2019, in% of Internet users, July 2020
- Categories of second-hand items purchased online, by age group,% of online shoppers, 2020
- Frequency of second-hand purchases on the Internet over the past 12 months,% of online shoppers, 2020
- 5 largest online platforms used for second-hand shopping in the last 12 months,% of online shoppers, 2020
- Top local sites in the Apparel & Fashion category selling used items, incl. Worldwide website visits, in millions, Turkey Share of the total number of visits, in%, April 2021
- Survey of the used retail market amid COVID-19 and the top 10 fashion resellers by number of visits in thousands, February 2020
Used e-commerce companies
- Vinted Profile
- Depop profile
- Rebelle profile
- Vestiaire Team Profile
- About you
- as well as Taylor stitch
- Apple’s Genius Bar
- Best buy
- Eileen Fisher
- Geek team
- Renewal Workshop
- The Vestiaire Team
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/5p3h16.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior manager
During EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470
For Toll Free US / Canada Calls: + 1-800-526-8630
During business hours GMT call + 353-1-416-8900
Fax in the USA: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the US): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets