Here are some of the key takeaways from the projections.
Bitcoin Price Predictions:
- Bitcoin will peak at $ 107,484 in 2021 and then hit $ 94,967, according to Finder. The Finder Panel expects Bitcoin to grow to an average of $ 3,60,179 by 2025.
- The research group Standard Chartered predicts that the price of bitcoin will triple its current value, bringing it to the range of $ 50,000 to $ 1.75,000 per BTC.
- About 49 percent of the Finder panel believe now is the right time to buy BTC, while 39 percent plan to abstain and 12 percent want to sell it.
Ethereum price predictions:
- Finder experts predicted that the price of Ethereum would peak at $ 4,512 by the end of the year.
- The group expects Ethereum to average $ 19,842 by 2025.
- Experts, including Joseph Raczynski, a Thomson Reuters technologist and Joel Kruger of the LMAX group, believe that ongoing updates to Ethereum and its internal potential will inevitably increase its appreciation and innovation hosted on its network. Standard Chartered also believes the current update will improve the functionality and efficiency of Ethereum.
- 59 percent of those surveyed said now is the right time to buy Ethereum, and 28 percent advised investors to postpone their investment.
- Standard Chartered predicted that Ethereum will grow 10x in the price range of $ 26,000 to $ 35,000 per ether.
- The Standard Chartered team even expects Ether to outperform bitcoin, and its returns to outperform high-risk bitcoin.
In addition, 51 percent of the Finder research group predicted that Ethereum would be the most transactional cryptocurrency in 2022, and 49 percent believed that Bitcoin would be the leader. Moreover, 70 percent of the panellists believed that Ethereum use would grow due to the sharp rise in DeFi and NFT sales.
While analysts believe Ethereum could outshine Bitcoin, they have identified two main threats to Ethereum.
- Most of the Finder panel members, 55 percent to be exact, believe that 70 percent of Ether is owned by whale investors as a moderate risk for cryptocurrency, while 24 percent consider it a huge risk.
- 62% of members of the Finder expert group believe that new and growing smart contract blockchains pose a risk to Ethereum, while 32% believe that these blockchains will be successful independently or grow as complementary to Ethereum.
The best cryptocurrencies in the long and short term:
- Long-term outlook – The most profitable altcoins, according to experts, were Polkadot (DOT); 7 percent said bitcoin cash is the preferred choice for long-term purchases.
- Short-term – The most popular altcoins were Binance Coin (BNB), Cardano (ADA), and Polkadot (DOT). The least popular were Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and Klaytn (KLAY).
Commenting on Ethereum’s various possibilities, Jeffery Kendrick, head of cryptography research at Standard Chartered, said Ethereum operates as a financial market that facilitates lending, insurance, and exchange, while Bitcoin is almost like a currency. Raczynski said Ethereum is an ecosystem that is changing perspectives for all industries, while Bitcoin has now become a household name.